Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What Makes Jewelry Special...


Yesterday I finished a copper filled charm bracelet for a teacher. My oldest daughter had participated in an after school academic activity for several months and the supervising teacher became an endeared role model for her and the other students involved. I wanted to create something very special for her to show her how grateful I was in spending so much of her time, effort and patience with this very involved activity. Many of her weekends she had these teenagers at her home working on a difficult project, creating skits, set design, and building structures, a multitude of hours!
This piece of jewelry needed to be special in every way! So I carefully picked a color scheme that would go with every season, every outfit and could be worn with the most casual apparel as well as her Sunday's best. Warm and sunny copper was the choice with sunset hues of gemstones, taupe colored crystals, bronze shell beads and dazzling copper disc charms with each of her children's names hand stamped on them. As I was wrapping the gift I was hoping that this gift would really be the symbol for a grateful voice. What she does day in and day out is not easy even though she makes it look that way! Her job is an important one that isn't always acknowledged. I finished tying the bow and whisked off to the high school. 
My daughter met me in front of the school and we both went to the teacher's classroom. She looked so surprised when we presented her with the little wrapped box. We asked her to open it and shared how much we appreciated all that she had done. When she unwrapped the gift, tears filled her eyes. She gently exclaimed how beautiful she thought it was and was taken a back when she realized that her children's names were stamped on each charm. We insisted that she put it on to see how it looked. It was a perfect fit! She then gave her wrist a little twist and there was that favorite sound that I so love, "the tinkling", like tiny bells of celebration! Pure joy to the ears and also to the heart!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online