Friday, January 16, 2009

Patriotic Dreams

dsc014311 In just a few days we will have a new president. It is going to be a historical and emotional moment with all of the world watching. One word was used frequently during the recent campaign, like a much needed thread to hold worn pieces of fabric together. That was the word HOPE. The first part of the mending process has been realized and the next stitch is to come. It is going to take an enormous amount of effort from the ground up to find solutions to our current problems but where there is hope there is strength. We have a new opportunity upon us and I hope that we all will take a moment to reflect on where we have been historically and where we are headed.
I have a renewed sense of pride in the red, white and blue. I have been collecting "patriotic" beads, lampwork, charms and even a patriotic button for a toggle.  I wanted to make an entire bracelet from all of these colorful treasures. It took a few years before I had accumulated enough baubles to create the "perfect commemorative piece" but here it is in all of it's glory! It is my "piece of pride" for my president, my country and the hope that "WE the PEOPLE...", will find more peace, more economic assurance, health and well being for everyone in the near future.    dsc014371

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written Kelly! I just love your patriotic designs and it IS amazing to see hope rejuvenated in the hearts and minds of our country. It's so difficult to watch the festivities and keep from crying with joy.

Thank you so much for sending me your blog links, loved my visit and look forward to stopping by again.

All the best ~ Sharon

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online